Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mistakes were made....

I must say, the jury is still out on Timmy Failure Mistakes Were Made by Stephan Pastis.  There are so many things that annoy me, but, at the same time, it made me laugh, and has real-life problems with real-world outcomes.

The story centers around Timmy Failure (yes, that is his real name....which annoys me).  He is that odd kid, but he doesn't see it that way.  He is the head of a future Fortune 500 detective agency, with his sidekick, Total, who happens to be a polar bear.  Together they must get to the bottom of such mysteries as the disappearing Halloween candy, the TP'd yard, and the mysterious hamster death.  All while trying to stay ahead of his arch-nemesis, Corrina Corrina, whom he KNOWS stole his mom's Segway.

This book will appeal to those who love Diary of a Wimpy Kid, with its humor and many drawings.  The bits that annoy me....ridiculous names, pet polar bears, complete cluelessness, undoubtedly will be hilarious to the target audience.  So, while not my favorite, I will recommend it fully to kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment