Friday, June 28, 2013

And so it begins

I have been pondering how, exactly, to compile my thoughts about the books I have been reading.  I have tried apps such as GoodReads, using Evernote and even book lists on Pinterest.  All have benefits, but none have all the features I need.

In a nutshell:

Goodreads:  I like the pictures and the social aspects, but, for non-specific reasons, the format is too "appy" for me.  Probably goes back to being steeped in the Microsoft/PC world.

Evernote:  I like that I can tag items, and that, once synced, I can access them from my iPad, laptop or simply on the web.  I would like it to be more social.

Pinterest:  I like the ease of use, good for creating book lists, but not so good for books that belong in multiple lists, or for tagging.  Great social options!

We'll see how this goes. 

Allonz-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment