Monday, July 22, 2013

Not my cup of tea......

I read the first book in the Accidental Adventure series, by C. Alexander London, called We Are Not Eaten by Yaks.  For reasons I can't fully explain, it was so-so for me.  Blah.  Which is odd because it is full of adventure, whether the main characters want it or not!

Twins Celia and Oliver are the children of famous adventurers and even live in the Explorers Club with their father.  Their mother has gone missing and while they miss her, they really HATE going on adventures...they are hot, buggy and uncomfortable.  They would much rather watch TV all day.  Unfortunately, a bet forces them to search for their mother and on the way encounter Poison Witches, jump from a plane in a life-raft, and even meet a Tibetan god.  They had better win and get cable out of this!
 
I think kids will love this.  I found it a bit melodramatic for my taste.  For some reason it reminded me of A Series of Unfortunate Events, which wasn't my favorite, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment